Chocolate Canning Recipes and Desserts in Jars06. February 2021
Tis the season for chocolate! Mmmm, actually, chocolate is wonderful year round. Whip up a tasty Valentine’s Day treat for your loved ones. Impress friends with a chocolatey canned good. Our recipe roundup includes fruity canned goods with chocolate, refrigerator recipes, and desserts in jars. Enjoy healthy breakfast oats or an indulgent s'mores in a jar treat. Or go all out and slather your face with a homemade chocolate sugar scrub. We dare ya!
Chocolate Jam, Preserves, and Sauce Recipes
Black Forest Cake makes a superb holiday showpiece. Layers of chocolate cake soaked in whipped cream icing and beautiful sour cherries, oh my! This adapted canning recipe recreates the flavors, adds sweet coconut, and preserves them in jars. Get the recipe on our blog.
What could be better than cherries or strawberries? How about chocolate added on top?! Yes please!
- Chocolate Cherry Preserves
- Chocolate-Bing Cherry Jam
- Chocolate Cherry Sauce
- Dark Chocolate Strawberry Jam
- Chocolate Strawberry Sauce
Other fruit besides strawberry and cherries works just as good with chocolate. Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries… you get the idea. Just about anything works with chocolate. Dealer’s choice!
- Raspberry Chocolate Jam
- Chocolate Raspberry Sauce
- Pear and Chocolate Jam
- Chocolate Blueberry Jam
- Chocolate Blackberry Preserves
- White Chocolate Tayberry Spread
Our custom Rubber Stamp canning labels are a perfect match for nut butters.
Nut Butters and Fudge Sauce Recipes
Not that plain old peanut butter is boring, but it’s exciting to try other nut butters. Also super exciting: Adding chocolate to those new nut butters! Plus, it’s healthier to make your own nut butters by avoiding the store bought varieties that are loaded with added sugar, oils, and high fructose corn syrup.
- Refrigerator Dark Chocolate and Natural Hazelnut Butters
- Refrigerator Chocolate Almond Butter
- Refrigerator Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sauce
- Refrigerator 2-ingredient chocolate fudge sauce
Since chocolate sauce recipes are low acid and not safe for canning by today’s recommendations, here are a few recipes to freeze or store in the refrigerator.
Baking and Dessert Recipes
So what’s better than buying flowers, candy, or cards for Valentines’ Day? How about something chocolaty? Winner winner chocolate dinner! This Love Potion hot chocolate is super easy to make. These cute jars contain 3 basic ingredients: powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. I use dark cocoa powder which tastes extra chocolaty. Use our FREE Printable Hang Tags & Labels to decorate your jar and impress your sweetheart. And don’t limit yourself to making this Love Potion only in February… spread the love year round!
- Microwave Brownie Lava Cakes
- Mini Chocolate Cream Pies in Mason Jars
- Dulce de Leche and Chocolate Mousse Jars
- S’mores Dessert Trifle in a Jar
- Black Forest Chocolate Mousse Dessert Cups
- Chocolate Cherry Mousse Parfaits
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait
- Refrigerator Chocolate Tangerine Curd
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar
- Ball Canning Chocolate Raspberry Jam Filled Carved Mason Jar Cake
This ambitious baked cake is in the shape of a Ball mason jar. It’s filled with a Ball chocolate raspberry jam recipe too!
Hey, chocolate desserts in jars can be healthy too! Or at least healthier than some desserts ;) Try making an avocado based mousse or pudding. Yeah, you heard me, whip that weird green thing into chocolate mousse. I was hesitant to try avocado mousse initially, but it’s worth trying for sure. You really can’t taste the avocado, it’s there to add a creamy texture and healthy fats to your dish. Sometimes I use a chocolate protein powder instead of cocoa powder too.
- Healthy Homemade Chocolate Pudding
- Healthy Raw Chocolate Avocado Pudding (Vegan)
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse (with Nut Milk)
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse (Vegan)
- Chocolate Orange Avocado Mousse
Chocolate Overnight Oats and Granola Recipes
Chocolate for breakfast? Sure, that’s a thing. Add it to granola or overnight oats for a wonderful morning meal.
mmmmm, Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Granola! Elvis personally told me this recipe was awesome the other day when we spoke. Thank you very much! And why wouldn't he love it? It has 2 of his favorite ingredients... peanut butter and banana. Except this recipe is a healthier version than his fried sammies. But delicious nonetheless. Get the recipe card on our blog.
- Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
Homemade Sugar Scrub
Our custom Kraft Apothecary labels are perfect for sugar scrubs or canned goods.
Don’t just eat chocolate, slather it on your face! Well, not melty gooey chocolate, but this delicious smelling chocolate coconut sugar scrub made with cocoa powder and coconut oil. Yum! Top your tiny mason jars with our popular Custom Kraft Apothecary Labels and hand out for gifts.